Thursday, August 2, 2012

If you ask me one more time

Ok, this is getting redundant so i'm just gon clear it up. There is nothing wrong with my being interested in the korean language/music etc . Like I stated in my previous blog, I had intentions of going to teach English there, and so this is how I got into it. This didn't just happen over night.  Afterall, is it a bad thing If I want to learn a different language or learn about a different culture? Here's the thing, If you listen to or watch anything in a language other than your primary language, you are in the same boat as me, wether you want to admit it or not :) If you are an English speaker but you enjoy latin films/music etc...guess what? yep! If you are Nigerian and listen to Ghanaian music and vice versa where they sing in one of their native tongues, even if they combine it with english...guess what? yep! wether you listen to/watch it for entertainment, same thing. Afterall, is it a bad thing to want to learn about a different culture/language? How else do non English speakers learn English if they don't watch/listen to and practice it? Take Asians for example, they listen to English music even though the majority may not speak English, and most may not understand it either.  English musicians fly over to perform in Asia with arena's sold out where the citizens listen to a language they don't understand. I know a few Asians that watch KD's in subtitiles as well, they also listen to Korean music...naw I don't think it's weird at all and even though they are Japanese or Chinese, their languages aren't similar to that of hangul (Korean) lol that's like saying Sudanese people should be able to understand the Somali language because they are in the same continent. *pause* yea it doesn't make sense to me either. Entertainment is entertainment, interest is interest. They show North American films in theaters in Asia with subtitles in their language, should they not enjoy a good film because they don't speak English?! Do you follow.

In short, if you watch anything,listen to anything, show interest in anything in a language other than yours, then you can't tell me nothing, point blank period. Even if you CHOOSE not to explore, you still can't tell me nothing. Yea, perhaps I was Asian in my past life I dunno, but the fact of the matter is I've become more open minded and interested in things I had no interest in doing  a few years ago. Some People speak 5 different languages, some speak more...How else would they know how to if they didn't learn it. Just because you were born dutch, doesn't mean you aren't allowed to learn German or Russian ya digg? So plz lol, stop asking me if I'm Asian cuz b!sh I might be (>_<) (^_^)  ;) ~Cheers~

p.s I started learning Japanese over 10 yrs ago, but I suppressed it lol so this isn't really a rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment